This is a community-driven one-for-all The Fey build guide. You are welcome to update it if you see any aspect of her gameplay is missed. All updates are moderated.
Table of Contents
- Abilities Analysis
- Deck Considerations
- Build #1 (DMG + Armor. No CDR)
- Build #2 (Armor + CDR)
- Build #3 (Penetration)
- Heroes Synergy
TL;DR on The Fey
The Fey is a ranged support who brings dynamic utility to the battlefield. Using the power of nature itself, the Fey utilizes her powerful area control abilities to disrupt enemy movement.
Focus on buying cards that increase your Power and increase your Mana regen.
The Fey is a lane bully and very powerful early game. Harvest Nettles is a skillshot that will refund the mana cost if it hits an enemy hero. Land a basic attack and Harvest Nettles for a quick burst of damage in lane.
Untamed Growth will cause a plant to bloom at target location, dealing damage over time. Once the plant is fully grown it will deal an extra burst of damage, so place it in teamfights for maximum polination.
Bramble Patch will create a line of vines that slows enemy movement. This is especially effective in tight areas and can be used to block off the enemy's path.
And finally your Ultimate is Fly Trap. The Fey grows a massive plant that lashes out and drags enemies back to the plant. This is great for displacing enemies and setting up plays for your team. Look for opportunities to combo Ultimates with your allies. Fly Trap followed up by a Shield Slam can easily neutralize enemies and allow your team to get the upper hand in fights.
Be a force of nature the enemy can't overcome and take over Agora.
The Fey Overview
The Fey's Strengths
- Area control abilities
- Fey has small model and it's hard to aim at her with ranged basic attacks.
The Fey's Weaknesses
- The Fey has no escape abilities. She can only try to disrupt a chase.
The Fey's Abilities Analysis
The Fey fires an orb of energy, powered by Agora. Deals Basic Damage.
- Base damage is 53 and increases by 1.6 each Hero level up to 75.4 at level 15.
- Attack speed remains the same on all Hero levels.
- Ability Card scaling factor is 30%.
Small plant that deals Ability Damage in an AOE over 3 seconds. 50% of the damage is dealt over the duration of the ability and the final 50% in a single blow when the plant finishes growing and pops.
- Base damage is 100 and increases by 60 each ability level up to 280 at level 4.
- Cooldown remains constant 10 seconds at all ability levels.
- Base cost is 85 Mana and increases by 10 each ability level up to 115 Mana at level 4.
- Ability Card scaling factor is 125%.
Can be a good combo with Fey's ultimate Fly Trap since enemies won't be able to escape that last boom.
Line of thorny brambles that deals Ability Damage and applies Slow to enemies for 0.5 seconds.
- Base damage is 50 and increases by 40 each ability level up to 170 at level 4.
- Base slow effect is 280 and increases by 60 each ability level up to 460 at level 4.
- Base cooldown is 18 seconds and decreases by 2 each ability level down to 12 seconds at level 4.
- Base cost is 100 Mana and increases by 15 each ability level up to 145 Mana at level 4.
- Ability Card scaling factor is 31.25%.
Slow is applied whenever an enemy touches the Bramble Patch while damage is dealt only once even if an enemy walks away and touches the Patch again.
Very good ability that excels in the jungle due to lots of narrow areas there. Use it when your enemy has not much options to move left or right. See the screen-shot below for an example:
Long Range (2000 units) projectile that deals Ability Damage. Refunds the full mana cost if it hits an enemy Hero.
- Base damage is 55 and increases by 20 each ability level up to 115 at level 4.
- Cooldown remains constant 6 seconds at all ability levels.
- Base cost is 60 Mana and increases by 10 each ability level up to 90 Mana at level 4.
- Ability Card scaling factor is 93.75%.
Very good for poking opponents from the distance for free (if you don't miss).
A giant plant that grabs nearby enemy Heroes with its vines. After 1.25 seconds the vines pull the Heroes to the plant dealing Ability Damage. The vines break if the plant loses line of sight of the enemy.
- Base damage is 200 and increases by 75 each ability level up to 350 at level 3.
- Base cooldown is 120 seconds and decreases by 20 each ability level down to 80 seconds at level 3.
- Base cost is 125 Mana and increases by 75 each ability level up to 275 Mana at level 3.
- Ability Card scaling factor is 93.75%.
This Ultimate is a great tool to control the battlefield and keep your enemies right in the focused fire of your team. Not only it does damage and pulls Heroes into a small area but it also interrupts abilities like Gideon's Black Hole.
Fly Trap affects all the Heroes that were in range at the moment of seed hitting the ground.
Here how it looks like. Enemy Fey is in range
But she manages to get out of range within a moment. Too late though.
She is even able to keep moving forward and shoot with a vine attached. But as soon as time is up damage is applied and she is pulled back in.
Note: It seems that Howi can escape the Fey's ulti by using his own Make It Rain. He will receive damage but will not be pulled in.
The Fey's Deck Considerations
Building your deck for Key you should remember that she has no escape abilities. She can possibly make it harder to chase her with Bramble Patch but that's it. At least for this reason you should have some armor or at least a Blink Charm.
Core Cards for The Fey
Blink Charm - This card is a nice to have in your Deck in case you often find yourself in a situation when you need an escape. Choosing between death and 5 CP card I'd prefer to have a card.
Amp Crystal - Suitable for builds with Energy Damage (of course) and some additional Mana.
Solaris Reactor - Feasible in case you value Mana regen more than Mana pool.
The Fey Build #1 (DMG + Armor. No CDR)
To be added soon.
The Fey Build #2 (Armor + CDR)
This build is balanced from all sides. It provides you armor and HP so that you can take more damage and keep fighting longer. It provides Fey CDR close to the maximim possible and also with big Mana pool since you are going to spam your abilities on cooldown.
Longer lane presence and a bit easier last-hitting
The Fey Build #3 (Penetration)
With this build you might become a big surprise to enemies tanks
Gameplay with The Fey
Early game is laning. Alone or with a teammate ADC. Last-hits and if possible interruption of opponents last-hits. Use Bramble Patch when enemy Minions are lined up or Untamed Growth when they are not. Make sure that Minions will be in range of Untamed Growth until the final explosion dealing 50% of all the ability damage.
Help in team fights by zoning enemies with your Untamed Growth and use Bramble Patch to limit their movement. Pre-cast it on the way or their retreat or use as a combo with Growth to keep opponents in range of the final explosion.
Nothing special for the late game in comparison to the mid game. Use the fact that Fey's hit-box is small and you can dodge ranged basic attacks easier than let's say GRIM.
Again, your main goal while playing the Fey is to keep enemies in the battle. Engage if you are sure there is a follow up from your team (since you will hardly escape alone). During the fight place Bramble Patch to hit as much opponents as possible and most preferably on they way out of the battle.
Tips and Tricks with The Fey
- During Laning phase use your Bramble Patch as a wave cleaning tool. To hil all the Minions try casting this ability while they are marching towards your wave in a line.
- Place Untamed Growth if only you are sure there are targets in renge when it's going to explode. Combine it with Bramble Patch or with your Ultimate Fly Trap otherwise the majority of damage will be avoided.
- When chasing an enemy Hero with an ally try landing your Bramble Patch instead of dealing basic attacks. Once "patched" your enemy will have to move left or right to get out from Slow and this will help your ally and you to get him.
The Fey and Steel
No escape from Slam
Drop your Fly Trap and while your enemies are getting grabbed and pulled in to the center Steel is charging for his Shield Slam. Enemies will not have a chance to escape that slam due to disabled ability to move far away. Follow up with Bramble Patch to make their escape even more difficult if by that time there is anyone to escape.