This is a community-driven one-for-all build guide for Iggy & Scorch Paragon Heroes. You are welcome to edit this guide keeping in mind that any changes are moderated prior to going live.
Last updated on May-12: updated to reflect changes from v40.0 (May-16 2017)
Table of Contents
- Abilities Analysis
- Abilities Builds
- Deck Builds
- Heroes Synergy
Iggy and Scorch are an inseparable pair that just want to set the world on fire. Together they are powerful casters that control areas and dominate lanes. Iggy and Scorch thrive on setting traps for enemies and lighting them up with oil and fire.
Focus on buying cards that increase your energy damage and mana.
Early game use your Flame Turrets to control your lane and zone out the enemy. Placing Turrets in the path of gankers is a great defensive tactic. Oil Spill is your primary source of burst damage and coating an area with oil. Any of your fire abilities can ignite the oil and say your enemies ablaze. Oil Slick will give you a small burst of speed and leave a trail of oil behind you. Use this to help you get out of bad situation or to bring your enemy.
Iggy and Scorch's ultimate is Flame Belch. Iggy feeds Scorch a Molotov causing him to spew flame from his mouth. Once the flames dies out he lets a huge Belch knocking enemies away.
When playing Iggy and Scorch you wanna bait enemies into bad situations. Set up your Flame Turrets in an area and harass your enemy. Once they fall into your trap use Oil Slick to get behind your target and turn up the heat with the Flame Belch
It's time to play with fire...
Lore of Iggy and Scorch
Iggy & Scorch Overview
Iggy & Scorch is a pure caster with strong battleground control with his Turrets and area damage. He is good in cleaning waves of minions and preventing back-dooring. I'n'S has a pretty specific game mechanics so make sure to check out below sections of Abilities Analysis and Tips and Tricks. He has good Power scaling with the most significant multiply factor put on Turrets.
- Strong area damage
- Good at making traps
- Quick waves cleaning
- No strong escape abilities. Oil Slick is not enough powerful to be treated as a reliable means to escape.
- Without Turrets has a little damage output (not considering ult of course).
Iggy/Scorch's Abilities Analysis
Deals Basic Damage and leaves a pool of fire on the ground where it lands that applies Burn to enemies that touch it. The molotov will also ignite any Oil patches it hits. Molotov deals damage to a target hit and slight damage in a small area around.
Scorch gains a brief speed boost and leaves a trail of flammable Oil on the ground behind him that can be ignited by fire. The trail applies Oil to enemies who walk on it.
Note that the speed boost amount is not impacted by the ability level, only duration is.
How to use this ability? When chasing an enemy it is pretty obvious - just press a button and that's it. On the other hand when you are being chased - again hit the ability but make sure you drop a Turret or land a Molotov onto your enemy so that the oil is ignited and they suffer from damage.
Iggy throws out a turret that deals Ability Damage over 10 seconds. Turrets have limited fuel and will prioritize targets that Iggy is damaging. Leveling up this ability will allow Iggy to place more turrets in the world at once.
Flame Turret as good energy damage scaling of 250%.
Main Area Control ability of this Hero. Iggy is limited in how many turrets he can have simultaneously. This number increases like 1|2|2|3 with the ability level up to 3 turrets on level 4 of ability. When Iggy places a turret while having maximum amount of them already placed the oldest of them will automatically self-destruct.
Maximum amount of turrets Iggy and Scorch can have is 3.
Enemy minions are not attacking turrets. Tough enemy towers do attack them so you can push an enemy tower even if you have no allied minions around. Just place a turret in its range and you will have some moments to attack a tower while it focuses your Turret. Note that a Turret itself will not attack an enemy tower but may cause it to aggro at Iggy if attacked an enemy hero.
If both Iggy and a Turret are within an enemy tower's range and an enemy Hero is damaged by a Turret then Iggy will get aggro. Not that Turret.
During laning phase place turrets in such a way to maximize the number of minions in the arc of Turret's fire. If there are no allied minions place a turret right on the path of an enemy wave. This way it will be hitting 3-4 minions simultaneously.
When there is an enemy Hero on the same lane with Iggy place turrets close to allied minions to make it harder for an enemy to destroy them.
Turrets keep working until they are out of fuel or until Iggy is near. If you rotate from your lane turrets will just stop working. When you return they will get back to work if not expired.
Scorch spits out a blob that applies Oil which deals Ability Damage and applies Burn when ignited by Fire.
Scorch spews flames from its mouth dealing Ability Damage over 2.5 seconds and applying Burn. At the end of the duration, Scorch belches and enemies in the cone are knocked back.
The ability can be re-triggered to end early and activate the belch.
Iggy/Scorch's Abilities Builds
Upgrading abilities for Iggy and Scorch should be based on the following thoughts:
- Flame Belch ultimate always goes. It is not only a damage dealing tool but also an opportunity to knock enemies back.
- Flame Turret is the primary pushing, and damage dealing ability so it goes right after ult.
- Oil Spill or Oil Slick goes with similar priority depending on preferred play-style. See descriptions above.
Iggy's Abilities Builds - escape prioritized
This build gives Iggy and Scorch better speed buff sacrificing Oil Spill.
Iggy's Abilities Builds - damage prioritized
Iggy/Scorch's Deck Builds
As it was already stated Iggy is a caster with Energy Damage scaling. He does not rely on auto-attacks due to poor scaling and the main damage output comes from Turrets. For this reason there is no value in investing into Crit or Attack Speed. It is better to focus Power as much as possible adding Mana, Health and Ability Penetration depending on situation.
However is another option to be considered if there is a second Mana Pot in your deck: 2x Mana Potion + Scout's Ward.
This will allow Iggy to stay in the lane longer and get back to base with more CP. Ward is required to mitigate absence of Healing Pot by preventing possible ganking (do not forget to watch the mini-map).
Next keep increasing Iggy's Damage considering the following cards based on the situation on Agora battlefield:
- Wellspring Staff + full damage upgrades is now most preferable pick since it gives you mana.
- Staff of Adamant can be an alternate option if you have problems with sustain.
- Sorcerer's Ward should be in your deck with Penetration upgrades prepared. Depending on your enemy's deck build you may need to go full penetration to make more damage to tanks or may consider keep increasing Energy damage if neither of enemies goes into Energy Armor. As a bonus you have 2 Shadow Wards essential for increased map-awareness.
- Meltdown can be a replacement for Sorcerer's Ward as far as Penetration is concerned. In this case you need to consider some other ward (e.g. Magus' Ward).
By the end game all the "starter hand" equipment cards shall be sold in favor of cards with better upgrades. Remember that initially they were used with low-cost upgrades just to speed up bonus energy damage from fully upgraded cards.
Gameplay with Iggy and Scorch
Early game Iggy and Scorch has two controversial tasks. One is to push a lane and another is to avoid diving deep into the first enemy tower to prevent ganks. It is recommended to take a Scout's Ward as one of the 1st cards to mitigate lack of escape abilities early in the game.
It can also be an option to rotate from lane to lane if you have no significant pressure towards your towers and help teammates laning with Flame Turrets.
There are multiple ways to play mid-game. One of them is a split-push when Iggy moves to a lane opposite to where is the most of enemies are and makes them pay for not defending a different lane. With all the utility and AoE damage Iggy and Scorch have you can push lanes pretty quickly just be aware of where the enemies are and do not forget your wards.
Another good option would be to group with a couple of teammates and support them with your turrets from the backline and protect from back-dooring.
Do not forget to get into the jungle. Iggy can get benefit from the Blue Buff since it helps to deal with mana drain from intensive abilities utilization. Note that Iggy can take Buff Camps nearly instantly already on ~6-7 level by placing 2 Flame Turrets and using an Oil Spill for initiation.
Pretty similar to the mid-game. Lane pushing to make enemy always feel pressure left or right. Use wards to protect Iggy from being back-stubbed. Help teammates with objectives especially with Prime.
Tips and Tricks with Iggy and Scorch
- If you are being ganked it may be more beneficial to rotate around your Turrets rather than running towards the nearest allied tower. If possible place Turrets on the way you are going to retreat to to make sure enemies are in their range as long as possible.
- Flame Belch ultimate can be cancelled manually causing a belch to knock enemies back earlier than they expect. It can be used as a sort of an escape ability if there is nothing else you or your teammates can do.
- Since Flame Belch is an ultimate of Scorch, Iggy can still place Turrets and Oil Spills while Ult is being cast.
- If you are playing against heroes with AoE-over-time damage abilities (e.g. Sparrow, Gadget, The Fey) make sure to spread your Turrets so that they are not wiped by a single Hail of Arrows
- When cleaning waves or taking a camp always try to choose a position so that minions are standing in line with a Turret. This way it will be hitting everyone in the path of fire.
Iggy and Dekker
Containment Fence works perfectly with most AoE damage dealers. Iggy and Scorch aren't an exception.
Iggy and Steel
Just make sure you keep safe distance when Steel will be Punching and enemy towards your Flame Turrets
Iggy and Scorch Updates
v40.0 (May-16 2017)
- Turrets now have 200 / 350 / 500 / 650 Health instead of pips.
- Turrets take 60% reduced Ability Damage.
v38.3 (Mar-13 2017)
- Move speed increased (20 / 30 / 40 / 50 → 100 at all levels)
- Base damage increased (150 / 280 / 410 / 540 → 300 / 450 / 600 / 750)